Monday, May 17, 2010

Off and running...

Hello...I know its been a long time but school has a way of sucking you in and keeping you busy (lol)...

I have exciting news to share...its the last second and I wanted to do my initial post earlier but it just didnt happen that way...

I received an offer from Heifer International (http://www.heifer.org/) for a volunteer position of Livestock Assistant. I was suppose to start on Monday (arriving via Amtrak on Sunday, May 16th) however Amtrak, to avoid giving the long, dragged out story, screwed up my reservation. I'm leaving tomorrow, May 18th at 7:30A from Michigan and I'll be arriving at 6:57P on May 19th (Wednesday) in Massachusetts. I have a eight/nine hour layover in Chicago and then then a 20 and a half hour ride from Illinois to Massachusetts. I enjoy train rides, I just wish the reservation part was more efficient, accurate, and friendlier.

Words cannot describe how excited I am! This is my first official step towards my career goals of working in sustainable agriculture in third world countries...

I want to put how enthusiastic and motivated I am into words however I have two things against me...1. my excitement is preventing the descriptive part of my brain and 2. my laptop is running out of juice (both are working against me at the moment). So for now, I'm going to call this entry to an end....

When I arrive in Massachusetts I'll be blogging my trip (hopefully it went better than the reservation process). My goal is to enter in my experiences at least weekly. I want give my readers the feeling of being at my side seeing the sights of Hiefer International, overlook ranch.

Not to mention I can keep in touch with my family too (love you Mom!).

Until we meet again...

No comments: