Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Journey Continues...

So, hopefully you've read my last entry and see my plans have changed...maybe your saying "What will Meresa do now?" Well, I've enrolled in classes and I'm continuing my education in pursuance of a Bachelor of Applied Science, Major in Veterinary Technology. As opposed to being a Licensed Veterinary Technician, I would be a Licensed Veterinary Technologist; my emphasis in administration. This is a stepping stone for my Veterinary degree.

I have a fully case load, six classes, 12 credit hours. Three courses are one credit classes however I must have online attendance two days a week for one of them, three days a week for the other. My classes include:
  • Advanced Veterinary Terminology
  • Tools for Success
  • Safety and Regulation Compliance
  • Veterinary Hospital Marketing
  • Intermediate Algebra
  • Studies in Applied Ethics

Plus I am also in a 13 week class locally called the Citizens Police Academy.

Other than the police academy course, my classes started this last Monday and continues until December. I'm very excited and a tad nervous. All of my courses are Internet based. I've had Internet courses in the past, but not solely. My college isn't in the same state I reside so at times I feel a little anxious when I cant get someone on the phone with the college or if I think they haven't responded very soon to a request, concern, or question. But, this will pass when I develop a routine (still in progress) and know what to expect.

I have some work to do, I'll keep you posted and until next time...take care and God bless...

No comments: